Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sparks and Smiles...

Ever shuffled through a friend's profile? Not after noticing some update or some new pictures in the album, but simply just like that? Sometimes...it's as if going through the same posts, pages, updates and all. But at times, it's like you fin something you never before noticed..something which brings out a sudden adrenaline rush through your body, helping you get relieved of boredom (which I was going through at Office) in an instant!

So....I had just returned from a coffee break. Before starting my tutorial, I thought of hanging around a few moments in FB simply to waste my time till a self declared "muhurat" was reached! I visit a profile, of a friend of mine....a sweetheart friend not to forget, and simply browse through her tagged pictures. Seeing the maximum one's from my own album, it was as if the very same looks I had earlier seen, and so, lethargically, I just scrolled down and down and down!

Suddenly, there he was....draped in a Blue Saree.....slight touch up on her face....Hair laden back...and smiling and striking an awesome pose, with three of her friends. She looked BEAUTIFUL (notice the emphasis on the words written in Caps Lock)! She simply did! I had never seen this picture....never noticed it! But it was there....amidst the ones tagged almost 10 months earlier! I had to enlarge and view it.....and thus, snapped away from my boredom!

I noticed the smile! It was one I had seen the first day we shared a laugh! In the years to follow....I had seen that a numerous times, when at times....when at times, I simply did not heed to it that much as it was a daily routine. But now...I just want to see her smile again! Reminds me of our journey....the wonderful path we all treated during the last four years! I notices her looks, her style...typically her! Smiling, I just leaned back onto the chair...trying to figure out as though when it could have been taken and where! Unsuccessful, I simply return to she her joy....and then, thinking back, smile once again!

It' amazing as how a mere, boring activity can sometimes yield to be of suh an immense source of joy! Similar things done with the profiles of my other friends brought back the same feeling! Now, at this point, I would like to mention that maximum of their tagged pictures are from my own FB Albums. I have them all...almost all in my laptop! So why not simply see my own pics, minus the charge of the net, and smile in a similar fashion? This is a thought to be pondered over, but I guess I have my own answer!

With the current advancements in communication, people tend to say out their minds and feelings, at the fastest mode possible. A pic posted on FB, we simply comment as soon as we feel like. And of course, the "like" button! Then again, if the net fails, there's always an option of sms, email and finally phone, in the stated order! Since her picture was tagged in another friend's album, I couldn't comment. The urge of complimenting her was so strong, that this is the method I have chosen, simply to try out something new! (This helps my blog too as well :D :P)

Jokes apart, feeling bored? Feeling lonely? Missing friends or a loved one? Just idly browse through their profiles! The disclaimer here's that there's no guarantee as to the spark may happen...but hey, that too depends on you! Trust me, it feels awesome!

(A small dedication to Soumita Mukherjee, my sweetheart friend, whose one pose made me write down all this! Miss you yaar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment