Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Leaving Paradise!

It had been 12 years since I had left Kolkata and lived abroad. I had developed a lot of mindsets about the place....about the people. Most of them were negative, seeing the personal cases while living my childhood up north. Others reminded me of my family...the only soft corner for Kolkata.



Come 2007, I'm back in the city! This time, with a venture quite anew...a venture others dream of....a venture that made me feel that I was about to follow my Father's footsteps! All this brought in me a new sense of giddiness. This time, to my own amazement, all preconceptions and notions drained off instantly. Some call it the euphoria of Jadavpur....other's tag it as the mesmerizing effect of the City. But all I know is that starting from that year....I lived in Kolkata like a true Bengali!



During these four years...I met a lot of people. Some became close, while from some I chose to stay far. Whatever be the thing, I ended up having interacted with all. I saw and felt things develop and bend withing me....both emotionally and psychologically. I did things I could never imagine being capable of....some were good, while others were seriously flawed. But whatever be the thing, I did learn from each and every one of them.



Today....23rd June, 2011...is my last official day in Kolkata. I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do have plans in my mind. Today, I have friends to die for....I have a sweetheart to care for....most importantly, I have responsibilities to attend to! All this...coming within a nostalgic domain of the past...while the future stands in front with its doors kept ajar. It's damn funny. I feel terrible for leaving the place I once dreaded to have come to! Today, the future excites me....but I do want to keep a strong bond with my Hometown! This....is really something strange for me. I have migrated numerous times in my life...so the tear part is not so easy to come. But deep down, I can feel my belly juggling!



I have been writing nostalgic notes since Jan, 2011. I intend to keep this one as the last! But as in previous cases, I had enough words at my hand....today I feel speechless! I just want to spend another hour at Staff Canteen...surrounded my sought after faces, with a cup of tea and a cigarette in my hands. I want to roam the halls one last time...trying to visualize the mistakes I had done back then...so that I may not repeat them later on. I want to remember the flukes and the flaws...which were dreaded once...but now, brings a smile onto the concerned lips! Leaving the college part aside...I want to spend the few left moments with my sweetheart...holding her...embracing her! Definitely not for the last time....but for the momentary last ones!



My dad always says that emotions come in the way of development. But emotionless actions create a mere stone, not a man! I guess I'll be boarding the flight to Bangalore Friday Morning thinking as to how to strike the balance. I want to come back....for my loved one....for my friends....for my family! But I do want to excel there! I want to keep contact for as much time possible, but then again...a clap cannot be made with one hand! I want to enjoy the rains of Kolkata once more....but I do want to enjoy the weather at other places.



So I guess, this is me....writing my last nostalgic note. I have just packed my documents...the last of my packing bit....and now....left with one day to do whatever I wish to do. I met a dear friend of mine...probably for the last time in the upcoming one year....maybe more...but then again...I wish to feel the essence or our friendship and carry it on! I have a day....out of that a few hours to be beside her....and I intend to make the most of it! I have a day...with my mom and my brother....having left with a few more hours to say goodbye!



Be in touch! All of you! Not a request....it's an order! We all have work and time paucity in life....more to be coming in the next few months....but it is we who make time....not the other way round! Just remember....even a 5 mins devotion can bring out a smile, whose aura lasts for hours! Try it! Gonna miss you Kolkata....gonna miss you my friends, my dear....my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment