Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Counting the Days By......

Finally....after almost a year....I am writing my beloved form of literature - poetry!
(Well....this is an ode to my own college life....till now! It's not over yet, but in the final year...I just realize everyday that with the moments, the countdown just ticks on...!)

High school ended with a bang...
And after chivalrous attempts in various exams, college life rang!
The fear of adjusting to a place totally new,
The excitement of socializing in an environment which I hardly knew!
Though it was the onset of my career, it did bother me at times quite few,
But the irony was that I was more concerned with "ragging"...at times, my nails, I did chew!

The life kicked off, injecting a peculiar zeal in me,
Though I was right about the ragging, but after a few days...it felt as good as it could ever be!
Following the tradition, we loathed more on the grounds and were less "roomed"...
And slowly, I had made a group of my own...it was friendship all around that loomed!
Mixing with people, having a new era of fun...life very much bloomed!
Though there was a slight fear of having my academics being doomed,
But I guess it was the people around me...who helped me back with my academics, with my motivations getting zoomed!

At times, it was quite hectic...with fun being kept at bay!
At times, it was the other way round...from academics we swayed!
At times, it was laughter quite sheer,
At times, it was a mundane atmosphere, with heated conversations and acts of despair!
The days just swept by, and time did steer...
And in no time, we became sophomores...a great time to cheer! ;) :D
The dawn of seniority, a feeling which was very near...
And with the advent of our juniors...the feeling boosted, no more than less mere!
The days swept by, the time did steer...
At that point, life was full of fun, frolic and large bottles of beer!

We grew older, our minds altered in their notions,
Maturity, discipline and responsibility started growing in quantized denominations!
The load of academics was now in a rapid motion...
But our interests grew anew, with each cycle of academic rotation!
Trainings, designs and labs were at full pace...
Slowly but steadily, we accelerated in the worldly race!
But the friendship all around, made sure that, in vain, we did not chase...
It revealed certain aspects of professionalism...slowly solving the career maze!
The days swept by, the time did steer...
At that point, we were in a bit too haste...to realize our career aims, which to us, were quite dear!

The list of movies started to grow,
With the bunking rate getting elevated, simultaneously, to an upper row!
But hell, we did enjoy each moment, with a fresh seed to sow...
Friendship grew and so did its loving load, quite a heavy, but benevolent one, to tow!
New domains were discovered...
With social and professional elements being sown and recovered!
Life was full of joy and care...
But at times, vanity and anxiety too prevailed...with recognitions quite rare!
But everything was an experience, a part of the friendship lair...
A bit of sugar...a pinch of salt, that's what makes life fair!
Days swept by, the time did steer...
Those were the moments that made us live live, at every gear!

At times like now, with just another year...
I feel like having an encore, another hear!
There are moments I would love to cherish for one more time,
There are actions I would want to alter, certain others to mime!
Things I would like to enjoy, for the same price and dime....
But like life, time hasn't yet learnt to rhyme!
It's not that moving on is a factor to lament,
In fact, its an opportunity to grow, to become a glow with a renewed filament!
But these are the days...these are the moments that will remain for eternity,
I am just too glad that I have yet another year to add to them, moments of flaw, joy and serenity!
Right now, I try to live as per the day...
Storing every in possible memory space as I can, as I may!
But counting the days by,
I realize that every second gone, is as unreachable as a peak so high!
But I guess its their essence so mere...
That will rejuvenate the days to come, the memories flashing back quite clear!
Days sweep by, the time does steer....
With just a year left ahead of me, with the end so near...
I just wish that I could have the knob of time...just to slow it down, if not veer,
Simply counting the days by...I wish I could have the moments back and that my words were like that of a seer!

No comments:

Post a Comment