Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Been a Long Time....

In our lives we meet many people, but out of that entire crowd, few are able to carve a niche in our minds. Well, this is regarding to something like that, with my own life. About a person who had faded long back, but is suddenly back with a bang after 9 years!

So...certain things happened in our school days which led to feud between us. Though she considered them pretty sweet and always giggled with an awe, but hell did she get angry. And the worst part - we never had a chance to develop our friendship back then. Days passes with simple talks and regular fights during the school days and a time came when I had to migrate to another place (Dad changed the job you see)! But what touched me back then was that she confessed of having shed a drop of two from her tear gland primarily because I was leaving. This was a bit unexpected, yet anticipated! :D

Now I had left the city, in fact the country but certain things always happened which made me think of her. Okay, this is where I have to mention the fact. The feud started because I had proposed her, and well.....we were kids back then, so I guess neither one of us had the maturity to handle it well. My actions we explainable, and so was her anger! But hey, things happen in childhood, right? But coming back, I just missed having a simple chat with her...just to maintain the right chord on the friendship tone!

Days turned into months, and months into years. I guess we had ourselves in our minds, but that was in the subconscious level! As individuals, we had moved on in our lives, with practically no information about each other. But one fine day.....after a period of 9 whole years, we finally bump into each other on a social networking site! I still remember the day, about how giddy and happy I was, but I guess I cannot explain myself very clearly. But anyways, I was elated (that's the basic point!). But I was a bit reluctant at the early stages because I had remembered our last fight very clearly ( a hung up phone situation :D). But after a few days, I realized that truly it was now or never. So I ask for her number, and a few minuted past, we are happily recollecting our past on the phone! :)

What touched me was that she remembered almost everything and was taking it sportingly. What made me happy was the conversation about our past life, the goof ups, the childish pranks and stuff! But what really mattered to me was that I was right about us having a chance to develop a smooth friendship! :) The chatting went on and on, till she started feeling so sleepy (now this trait hasn't changed pretty much in the entire 9 years!) that her words started overlapping! But all in all, a good enjoyable hour on the phone!

This is no message blog, but at the very same moment it is! Just think for a moment. If you have a number in your contact list with whom you haven't had a conversation in years, its high time to give a call (Try the 30p night calling plan people) and to start afresh! Its never too early, never too late for any kind of friendship, but one thing you have to be pretty sure of...and that is that you must not ever create a situation of "It's been a long time..." and then repent for not having acted towards it earlier! Friendship Rocks! And thus, this is dedicated to the girl I'm talking about for the last few lines - Dilpreet! :) (Missed you yaar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment