Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm Not Afar...

(This is ode to my mom....remembering the days and the time when I was away from her)

Gazing up at the star-lit sky & journeying down the memory lane,
I feel your presence everywhere, right from the frosty winds, to the sun and rain,
Thinking that you are away…
I go a bit nervous, I must say,
But let me tell you mom, that though there maybe a distance bar,
From you, I was never afar…

The shackles of daily life, as you may know…
Frequently takes me to my physical low,
The vanity of people around me,
Often makes me sarcastic about everyone, as you may see,
But let me tell you mom that this is the fact,
Remembering the values you taught me, I try to stay intact.

The eerie nights which I spend awake,
Be it for my commitments, or for my academic’s sake,
The calmness and the night so lone…
Makes me remind myself about our duels and my harsh tone,
But let me tell you mom that when I look back,
I always see myself wrong, my mind in the ignorant sack,
But I assure you that you have always been kind and true…
So I have to admit, if there’s someone for me always, it has to be only YOU!

So, mom, all in all…
Your love for me has been always been tall.
I know that your affection is beyond bounds, without mar…
Though I may be away….but I’m not afar!

1 comment: