Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Remembering the Old Days....

Last time I had seen him, it was three months ago! There childish looks, slight gnawing on the toys and immense display of energy via kicking legs and throwing hands! Yes, there was one thing that caught my eye! It was his big, round, intolerably cute black eyes! It rolled here and there, as if looking or searching for someone, as if the lens held numerous information and communication skills but it seemed that the age did not permit the tongue to be in the right command! Out came my friend, holding a toy and immediately, the eyes became vague watery, more diametric and filled with joy! It was as if the eyes looked out for her only! Well, this is the incident that I had noticed when I first met this new born! He is my friend's elder sister's son! I just gazed at their bond and for a moment, got lost in the memories with my own little brother!

Yesterday, I met him for the second time! He was fiddling in his new toy car! He had grown a lot and the first reaction he gave me was a bit of a recognizing look! Yes, he had recognized me! The minute I took him in my arms it felt as though my own brother was back in his toddler days! I still remember the times when it was under my responsibility to look after him and feed him during the evenings, when my Mom was out for some work! I did that religiously, as if that was the most important thing in the world, and let me tell you, it truly was! I still remember the time when he used to cry and stop the minute I was in front of him! That innocent giggle, that selfless and pious look was to mesmerizing to remember any of the duties! I used to stand and gaze on him! But after his hunger was out of control, he diligently reminded me of my work by starting to cry once again! Those were the really cute days that I miss!

The thing I want to point out here is that this kind of a relationship, a brother-brother, a brother sister or any other combination is truly pure like it had never been! Just look out during the recent times! Yes, we do have fights, certain ego problems, certain attitude problems, but one thing is damn sure! At the end of the day, it always is that I look out to check his well being, and he looks up upon me to check I'm there or not! This is the moment that I enjoy the most! Even though I'm in my twenties and he's in his teens, this relation has been untouched, and I truly pray to God to keep it so!

There are times when we want our brothers or sisters out of the room or company. Sometimes for selfish reasons,and others for their own good! But do remember one thing! Never take your younger sibling for granted! Ever! They are bound to follow you in every aspect and so, if you want respect, teach them to do so by respecting them! If you want them to be able, set an example by doing so yourself! If you just want a smile on their faces, do the things that are bound to bring one, but remember! Do not spoil them! At times, we need to act tough! It looks as if the elders are heartless, and simply dominating the younger ones, but when I act tough with my brother, only I know how it feels! It feels terrible!

I decided to write this with not any intention to send a message out to you, or to enhance my writing skills, but just because today morning, I felt like jotting down this incident of my trip down the memory lane! I love my brother very very much! And I love that toddler very much for reminding this incident back to me! God Bless him!

No comments:

Post a Comment