Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

"My God! You guys are Crazy!!!"

Ok, let me clear the air out! The title is not regarding any person, but these are the exact words that came out of the mouth of a very special person in my life! It was an act of excitement blended with tinges of happiness and awe! :)

So, I and one of my friends plan up a certain act for today! Knowing it was the election day, but wtf...its for our sweet little friend yaar! So we went with forward with it! The actual reason of this surprise visit is to congratulate her brother for his outstanding result in the Secondary Exams! But beneath it was hidden a fact that we simply wanted to see her smile once again, as it had been ages since we got a glimpse of her! :D So, coming back, we went to her place, kept her busy on the phone so that she will not close her eyes for an afternoon nap and then it took place! The Surprise! We called her to her balcony, as if there a network problem on the phone, and then the eye to eye contact did the entire trick! She was glad, gleeful, joyous and most importantly happy to see us after so many days, just the way we were feeling and started coming down to open the door for us screaming the "title" ;) :D

But wait! All is not so easy to achieve! Let me remind you that today is Sunday! So her dad was enjoying a nice HBO movie when we rang the bell! So he came out with a stern look! Not knowing well who we were, he asked our purpose and name and we introduced ourselves in a bit shaky manner! It was fun to expect this kind of a reaction but believe me, it was a trembling one as well! But later, when her daughter introduced us properly, he recognized immediately and we engaged in an Indian custom of touching his feet! He was glad, we were more glad! :D :D

The day smoothened thereon! We gifted her brother and congratulated him! We was happy! We chatted for hours, in her room, on her terrace and it was pure fun! Then we were greeted by the delicious dishes made my her mom and I guess, I was more glad with just the aroma! We had fun! We chatted, flirted, leg-pulled each other, and at the end! It was a merry "goodbye" to sign the energetic day off! It was worth the time!

But what I truly want to mention here is that it was not simply her smile or the food which her mother prepared for us....but it was the feeling of just getting her glimpse once again! The smile is obvious (I mean, c'on...we are good friends for the past 3 years!), but what was playing in my mind was that I knew, that after so many days of monotonous studying in her home, maybe for a few moments, we were able to make her mind free! Especially as her exams are near, I think she needed that! We have spent a lot of time together on numerous accounts! But today was something different! Maybe it was me! O maybe it was simply the situation! But whatever be the reason, the aftermath feeling on both sides is something that was worth taking the hot and humid toll on the streets on a Kolkata-Election Day! :D :D Wishing her all the luck in the world for her upcoming examinations! And yes, I don't know whether she will read this blog or not, but I want to mention something over here! I remember that on a similar such event a few months back, she had made a request before me! I think that was fulfilled today and now the rest is up to her! Right dear? :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment